Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday update

OK, they just came around and did rounds. Caydence is going to keep the drainage tubes in for one more day to let them drain just a little more. They are thinking the tubes should come out tomorrow. Once those come out she will feel a LOT better. I imagine I would feel better too if I had two huge tubes draining blood out of me.

We are going to move her Tylenol up from every 6 hours to every 4 hours to help stay ahead of the pain. Can you believe that 3 days after surgery she is just on Tylenol for pain management? Kids are so strong.

So pretty much today we are going to rest, eat, drink, and hang out.

And now a funny story.

Yesterday my Jennifer brought me some cupcakes for my birthday. Last night Joe and I went out to eat for my birthday so the grandparents watched Caydence for us. Now Caydence hasn't wanted to eat at all since surgery so she hasn't ate since Wednesday. While we were gone, she opened her eyes and saw the cupcakes. She pointed at them and said "cupcakes. I want some cupcakes". Grandparents being grandparents gave her some. So her 1st bite of food was cupcakes. Is she my kid or what????

2 comments:

  1. CUPCAKES! That's a great sign that she's doing awesome!!
    Happy birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! If it is cupcake she wants I say cupcake she gets! So good to see things moving ahead nicely. Oh and Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it turned out to be a pretty good day all in all.

    ReplyDelete